- 2014-2017: PhD candidate in "Nanosciences and advanced technologies", University of Verona
- 2008-2010: Research Fellow in machine learning and intelligent optimization DISI http://disi.unitn.it/~nicolini/
Focus on probabilistic graphical models and kernel machines, graph drawing, information visualization.
- 2008: Msc in Physics 110/110 "cum laude"
Programming languages, software frameworks:
C/C++ with emphasis on STL and template-metaprogramming, Boost, Qt4, Qt5, Bash scripting, Python/Cython, OpenGL, GLSL (OpenGL shaders), Mathematica, MatLab, Psychtoolbox, Bash scripting, NI Labview, LATEX, CMake, Python, Cython, CUDA.
Experience in high performance computing.
Experience as system administrator of Dell server clusters.
Technical and mathematical competencies:
Vast knowledge of algorithms and data structures and numeric linear algebra as well as numerical analysis with their related problems in general. Interested in physical simulations of complex systems.
Experience in volumetric data visualization and volumetric light field display.
Conferences and proceedings:
- Summer school in Advanced Connectomics, Firenze, May 2015.
- Nicolini, C., Fantoni, C., Mancuso, G., Volcic, R., & Domini, F. (2014). A framework for the study of vision in active observers. In: Human Vision and Electronic Imaging XIX, Rogowitz, B.E., Pappas, T.N. and de Ridder, H. (eds.), Proceedings of SPIE, 9014.
- Walter Gerbino, Carlo Fantoni, Carlo Nicolini , Robert Volcic, Fulvio Domini. “Active Multisensory Perception Tool: BUS experience and action comfort”. Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Europe, Torino (2013)"
- Carlo Nicolini, Stefano Teso, Bruno Lepri, Andrea Passerini. “From on-going to complete activity recognition exploiting related activities”. International Workshop on Human Behaviour Understanding, Istanbul (2010)
Softwares and projects:
- Graphinsight: A software to simply load, explore and analyze huge networks and graphs www.graphinsight.com.
- Volvux: A C++/Qt program to help generating volumetric light fieldshttps://github.com/CarloNicolini/volvux
- CNCSVision: A c++ framework for experiment in visual perception and action.
- Linear camera calibration tool: A tool to compute linear camera calibration and convert it for use with OpenGL
- PACO: A tool to find community structure in graphs
- Multilouvain: An implementation of Louvain algorithm for community detection with Matlab/Mex adapterhttps://github.com/CarloNicolini/multilouvain
- LFRW: A wrapper around the Lancichinetti-Fortunato-Radicchi community detection benchmark generators https://github.com/CarloNicolini/lfrwmx
- CommunityAlg: A collection of community detection algorithms and utility functions
From on-going to complete activity recognition exploiting related activities. HBU 2010, International Workshop on Human Behaviour Understanding, Istanbul 2010.