Pablo Martinez Canada
Pablo Martinez-Cañada graduated in Telecommunications (1st class) at the University of Granada (Spain) in 2011. He completed two different master's degrees: MSc in Computer Engineering and Networking at the University of Granada in 2012 and Erasmus Mundus MSc in Color in Informatics and Media Technology (CIMET) at the Universities Jean Monnet (France), Gjøvik (Norway), Eastern-Finland (Finland) and Granada. From 2014 to 2018, as a PhD student at the University of Granada, his investigation focused on Computational Neuroscience of Vision. The questions that he set out to answer were: (i) to understand functionality of the visual system, (ii) which are the neural mechanisms underlying visual functions and, ultimately, (iii) how perception arises from these lower level mechanisms. He is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the Neural Computation Laboratory of the IIT.
- Martínez-Cañada, P., Morillas, C., & Pelayo, F. (2018). A Neuronal Network Model of the Primate Visual System: Color Mechanisms in the Retina, LGN and V1. International journal of neural systems (2018), p. 1850036-1850036.
- Mobarhan, M. H., Halnes, G., Martínez-Cañada, P., Hafting, T., Fyhn, M., & Einevoll, G. T. (2018). Firing-rate based network modeling of the dLGN circuit: Effects of cortical feedback on spatiotemporal response properties of relay cells. PLoS Computational Biology, 14(5), e1006156.
- Martínez-Cañada, P., Mobarhan, M. H., Halnes, G., Fyhn, M., Morillas, C., Pelayo, F., & Einevoll, G. T. (2018). Biophysical network modeling of the dLGN circuit: Effects of cortical feedback on spatial response properties of relay cells. PLoS Computational Biology, 14(1), e1005930.
- Falotico, E., Vannucci, L., Ambrosano, A., Albanese, U., Ulbrich, S., Vasquez Tieck, J. C., ... & Cauli, N. (2017). Connecting artificial brains to robots in a comprehensive simulation framework: The neurorobotics platform. Frontiers in Neurorobotics, 11, 2.
- Martínez-Cañada, P., Morillas, C., Pino, B., Ros, E., & Pelayo, F. (2016). A computational framework for realistic retina modeling. International Journal of Neural Systems, 26(07), 1650030.